Saturday, September 30, 2006
OK, so I finished watching Scrapped Princess the other day.
The anime as a whole was good. I liked the opening and ending songs, I liked the characters, etc. I sort of anticipated the major plot twist (eg: I could tell that ancient technology would be involved, I knew the Mauser church wasn’t what it seemed), but I did not anticipate that it would be a rip off of the Matrix. People, the “world is really a simulation” plot has been milked. Get over it!
But, although it was a familiar ride, it was still an enjoyable ride. Although the plot has, as I said, been done, it was still interesting to see how it unfolded in this instance. I did not come away from ScraPri thinking my time had been wasted. I would recommend watching it, especially if you can download it.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
OK, I placed an order with RightStuf earlier this week, and here’s what they sent me, two days after the order was placed:
Thank you for choosing TRSI!
We do not seem to have the same information as your bank. We need the exact same address as your financial institution sends your monthly statements to.
Please contact your bank or financial institution to verify the address information that they have on file for your account. We have placed your order on hold for this reason and are waiting to hear from you.
We want you to enjoy your purchase as quickly as you do, so we hope to hear from you very soon!! We will be unable to ship your order until this matter is cleared up. If we have not heard from you after 18 days your order will be canceled.
Due to a high number of recent fraudulent orders using separate billing and shipping addresses we have to verify this information in greater detail with our customers.
Below we have provided you with options to handle this situation:
(1) You may list separate shipping as an alternative address with your credit card company.
(2) Send check or money order. Keep in mind that we do hold all checks for 18 days.
(3) Or you may mail, fax, or scan copies of your credit card front and back as well as a copy of your driver’s license. If you placed your order on our website you are able to provide this information via a secure link. Please see instructions below. If you did not place your order on our website or would prefer, our fax number is 515-986-1129. Please be sure to reference your order number.
(4) You may ship this to your place of employment or an on-campus school address.
(In fact, we prefer to do this to ensure that you actually get your stuf. Please give us all the information that you can, including the name of the company or school, so that your friendly delivery person can get your package to you. We require that you include the business's/school's name in the address. We are happy to work with you to get the product out as quickly as possible, however we will contact you regarding your first order shipping to your work place to confirm the name and address. American Express cardholders, shipping to an address other than what is listed with American Express is not allowed. This is due to American Express' own restriction policies. We apologize.)
(5) We can only send the order to the cardholder. We cannot send the order to anyone else unless the person is on file with the credit card company, or if we have copies as listed on #3.
If one of the above options cannot be fulfilled then we will need to ship the merchandise to the billing address.
We will try to contact you at least three times within a three week period. If we do not hear from you about this matter within this time your order will be cancelled.
Since we want you to enjoy your purchase as quickly as you do, we hope to hear from you soon.
Secure Server use Instructions****
To securely submit copies of your ID or Billing statement and credit card on the right stuf website: 1. First, you will need to log into the Right Stuf website. Go to www.rightstuf.com and click on the online store.
a. If you have been logged in recently, click on "Your Account" in the upper right corner, just under the "Shawne's Deal of the Day" banner. You may need to enter your email address and password again. Go to step 2.
b. If the name in the upper right hand corner under the "Shawne's Deal of the Day" banner is not yours, click on the "If this is not you, please click here" link. Enter your email address and password at the login screen. Go to step 2
c. If it says "Already a customer or associate?" under the "Shawne's Deal of the Day" banner, please click on "Please sign in". Enter your email address and password at the login screen. Go to step 2
2. Once you are logged in, under "Your Previous Orders" click on "Check on an order's status".
3. Click on the "View Order" button that is to the right of your order that is waiting. The status of the order will be "Order has been received; held customer service review". If you have multiple orders in this status, you only need to submit your ID and credit card information for one of the orders.
4. On the right hand side of the page under "Did you receive an e-mail message requesting additional information?" click on "send that information to us using a secure form". You will then be taken to a secure form that will allow you to send the copies of your ID or billing statement and credit card to us. If this link is not available, please check again the following morning.
**Important** The copies of your ID or billing statement with your address showing and credit card must be saved to your computer in JPEG or GIF format. The form will not accept any other type of file. All of the fields are required.
5. There are three images that you will need to send to us; the front of an ID or billing statement that shows your address, the front of your credit card, and the back of your credit card. To add an image, press the "Browse" button and the file upload window will appear. Browse to the image you want to upload and click "Save". Repeat this step for the remaining two files.
6. Click "Send Information". This will send the copies of your ID or billing statement and credit card to our customer service department. Depending on your connection, this may take awhile and your browser may appear to be locked up while the files are being uploaded. Once we have reviewed the copies, your order can be processed.
Announcing Ninja Nonsense DVD 1: Enter the Ninja
Do you like ninjas? How about cute girls, psychotic spherical headmasters,
talking alligators, or adorable ninja trainees who constantly screw up, but
never give up? If you answered yes to any of these, then you need to check
out Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu! This show is sure to make your
sides ache with its own special brand of cracked-out comedy!
The Right Stuf International, Inc - We're Different. We care.
Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM US CDT, Monday - Friday
US: 800-338-6827, International: 515-986-1028, Fax: 515-986-1129
Web Site: http://www.rightstuf.com/ E-mail: email@example.com
Mailing Address: PO Box 680, Grimes, IA 50111
Shipping Address: 512 North Main Street, Grimes, IA 50111
It’s all sorted out now, but my order is going to be delayed by a week because if it. If they insist on having this policy-and nobody else I’ve dealt with in the three years my billing and shipping addresses have differed has a policy like it-they should disclose it on their web site so you can send them the information they need with your order and avoid any delay.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
I remember exactly where I was that day. I was at Mater Dei High School. We had just finished up in the weight room in gym, and had heard on the radio that “a plane” had hit the
May all the victims rest in peace.
Friday, September 08, 2006
A federal judge has allowed the NSA wiretapping litigation to go forward. I’m glad. This program severely undercuts our Fourth Amendment rights. It should be reviewed in open court, not in the secret FISA court.
Monday, September 04, 2006
Well, I go back to law school later today. I don’t even want to think about the work that’s waiting for me…
Friday, September 01, 2006
I am exhausted from my commute, and all the work. But it's good to be back home.