.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

 

Terror Alert

I'm going home for Thanksgiving. On my way to the Grand Central subway station, I get a call from my Mom: "There's a terror alert for the subway station; they'll release more details at 1." Deciding to err on the side of caution, I took a cab to Penn Station instead of the subway. When I get home, Mom says that by "more details at 1", she meant that the news would do a story on it at 1, not that some kind of authority thought that something would happen by 1pm today, 11/26. And it turns out, the story is about a "plausible but unsubstantiated" report from an "FBI source" that terrorists might have been planning to blow up an LIRR train during the holidays, not about a specific threat that might happen at a specific time.
I am going to go about my life as normal-including commuting to NYC. I will not let terrorists dictate how I live my life. I am hoping that we will see increased security-and that the ACLU will not neuter that security (for example, if someone starts screaming Allah Ackbar on a train, would detaining him be a civil rights violation-could you get sued for even calling the cops about it?)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?