.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 01, 2008

 

Comcast

Comcast is capping Internet usage. I'm not a customer anymore, so I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I still think it's a bad idea. It shows that broadband Internet companies need to be regulated like the local utility monopolies are. Where I used to live, Comcast was the only way to get broadband-DSL was not available. Most people have, at best, a duopoly for broadband (cable or phone).
Congress should enact legislation that classifies cable Internet as a telecommunications service-which it is (I get TV, phone, and Internet from Cablevision), overruling the Brand X Internet case and fostering some competition. If these caps become commonplace, it will just stifle innovation-what if there were caps imposed on the top 1% of users in 1998?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?