.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 30, 2007

 

A La Carte TV

The FCC is considering forcing cable companies to offer a la carte packages. I support this. There is no free market in TV. Where I am, I have to either get Cablevision, or not get cable-I can't get satellite-I can't put a dish in my window under the lease for my apartment. I do not watch the all-Spanish channel, I do not watch the religion channels, and I do not see why I need to pay for what I don't use.
If cable were like phones, where the cable company had to lease its lines to competitors like the phone company has to, that would be one thing, but as it stands now, the cable company has a government-enforced monopoly under franchise regulations, so it is subject to more government intervention.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?