.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

This is America-Speak English!

So now, it’s a human rights violation to only speak English. Do you see why many of us want a national language now? When did I become obligated to learn every language known to man? I want to know that, if I, for example, put up a warning sign in English, my ass is covered even if a Farsi speaker comes along. I don’t want to get sued by somebody who wants to buy something from me on eBay, but doesn’t speak English, and I don’t speak his language.

But hey, maybe I can benefit from this. Yahoo’s a US company, right? That means I can sue them here. Their Yahoo Japan subsidiary has auctions only in Japanese! Yahoo is facilitating a human rights violation! Thanks, liberals-were it not for you, I would have never known that I have a right to services in any language I want to speak, regardless of the country’s laws or customs. Next on the agenda-Sue every store I patronize for not providing service in Klingon.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?