.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Flushing Shopping

I went to New York today, and decided to explore Flushing's Chinatown. My advice-if you're looking to shop for anime stuff, don't.
Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see many anime stores. I saw a lot of restaurants, a lot of barbers offering something called "Japanese hair straightening" (whatever that is), and some general merchandise stores. I went to the Flushing Mall; the selection was disappointing. There were no anime DVD stores (the only place I saw seemed to have ony PAL DVDs), and half the food court menus were in Chinese, with no translation. No place sold anime merchandise. I'd give it a miss.
I did not get to check out a place I've heard good things about, and that seems to actually carry stuff I'm looking for, Anime Castle, for want of a map, because it's in College Point, not Flushing. (I acquired one at Kinokuniya after getting back from Queens). I'll try them next time I go into the City. As for Flushing's Chinatown itself, however, I'd recommend giving it a miss.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?