.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Thoughts on the End of NYPD Blue

NYPD Blue ended yesterday.
I was a bit disappointed with the last show of the series-nobody died, they actually introduced two new people, everyone's life seemed to just go on. Even the case wasn't that interesting. NYPD Blue ended not with a bang, but a whimper.
Still, I will miss this show. I started watching it with my Dad in middle school, it was out father/son bonding. It ended when I am in college. Throughout college, that show was my fixed star. I could watch it, and know that, at the same time, my Dad was watching it too. Now that is over. Our lives are constantly in flux. I am reminded of the last portion of the Diamond Sutra:
"Like a falling star, like a bubble in a stream,
Like a flame in the wind, like frost in the sun,
Like a flash of lightning or a passing dream --
So should you understand the world of the ego."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?