.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 20, 2005

 

Ritapon Instructions

I don’t know about anyone else, but I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to play Ritapon. I finally beat it. I was doing things like putting tiles I needed to complete a combination into the discard pile, because I thought that was me keep pile. The in game explanation is not, in my opinion, that good. Here, I have listed the instructions as well as I could work them out. This is only what you need to understand the basics of the game; it is not a strategy to win.

1. You and Rita have a pile of tiles. Some of the tiles have colors and dots, others have runes on them.
2. You want to get your pile to have either three sets of three tiles that have the same color and either sequential or the same number of dots, alternatively, one of those sets can be any three rune tiles.
3. A “Pon” is when you take one of Rita’s discarded tiles and use it in one of your sets, or vice versa.
4. When you complete your second set of tiles, you will be given the option to "reach". If you do this, you will have to discard any tile that would not complete your third combination.
5. You win if you get the three combinations before Rita does.
6. Manuel Garcia C says Ritapon is like an Argentine card game called Chinchon. I’ve never heard of it, but if you have, the game might be easier.

That’s it. If you want more details on strategy, how scoring works, etc, see Shirofan’s guide to Ritapon at Suikosource at http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/guides/ritapon.php.

Thanks to Konami for making Suikoden IV, flawed as it may be, TheEndOfItAll for explaining what Pon is, and Suikosource for writing a *much* more detailed guide.
NO thanks to whoever wrote the in game instructions.

Good luck!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?